Andrew Plotkin’s Cruelty Scale
- Merciful : Cannot get stuck.
- Polite : Can get stuck or die, but it’s immediately obvious that you’re stuck or dead.
- Tough : Can get stuck, but it’s immediately obvious that you’re about to do something irrevocable.
- Nasty : Can get stuck, but when you do something irrevocable, it’s clear.
- Cruel : Can get stuck by doing something which isn’t obviously irrevocable (even after the act).
(Taken from a rec.games.int-fiction
posting. Used to rank how fair or unfair an IF game is.)
/ Last Updated: Oct 25, 2007.