Little Blue Men
map and rough notes
Little Blue Men was written in Inform 6 for IF Comp 1998, and is © 1998 by Michael S. Gentry.
This map is by David Welbourn, and is based on Release 1 of the game.
Rough Walkthrough Notes
- Take all from your desk drawer. Take the paperwork, stamp it, and put it in the out-tray.
- Take the 2nd paperwork when it comes. (CAUTION: You can stamp the 2nd form, but putting it in the out-try will end the game.)
Take and read the memo.
- Search the scattered papers at Benson's and take the scissors. Examine the cabinets for hint about the form.
- Examine the vending machine. Look in it and note the key. Look under the machine and get the nickel (and see the shim).
Take the shim. (CAUTION: Hitting the machine with the shim gone will kill you.)
- Push the black button at Snack Bar and get a coffee.
- To get the form away from Furman long enough, put one of your pills into the coffee and give the coffee to Furman.
After a few turns, put a different pill in the coffee. The second one will be the sleeping pill. Remember which pill is which.
- Take the form and stamp it. Take the jacket. Take the hanger. Take the coffee.
- You can try putting the crumpled bill in the vending machine, but it won't work.
- You can also try opening the lid of the photocopier, put the bill on the glass, close the lid, push the green button,
and take the copy. Cut the copy with the scissors. If you put the fake bill in the vending machine and push J,
you can get a quarter and two dimes from the machine. You won't get the key, though, this way.
- Give the stamped form to Benson, then grab and eat his nougat bar. You can opt to visit the Snack Bar and watch
the vending machine fall on top of Benson, or listen from a distance.
- Take the key from the broken vending machine.
- Take the glasses from both Furman and Benson. It doesn't matter which you take first.
- Take Benson's stool and drop it in the Restroom.
- Eat a headache pill -- you remember which it is, yes? When it kicks in, enter the restroom, get on the stool,
hit the detector, and cut the wires (with the scissors). Get off the stool. Take the fire extinguisher.
- Pour the coffee in the sink, so you have an empty cup.
- Try to open the stall door. Unlock it with the hanger. Open the stall door. East.
- Examine the toilet and dispenser. Sit on the toilet. Examine the dispenser again, while sitting, and see the keyhole.
Put the key in the keyhole.
- Ask Robertson about all sorts of things (blue, glasses, vending machine, love, toilet, water, key, memo, Robertson,
letter opener, Benson, Furman, Biedermeyer, [more?]). Stand. When you're ready, go south twice, examine the reflection in the water,
and hit Robertson with the fire extinguisher. Your phone starts ringing. Take the letter opener.
Stab the cooler with it. Take it. Fill the cup with water. Enter the drawer. Push the gray button. Out.
- Answer your phone.
- Visit Biedermeyer. You can let him chat for a while, but when the glasses come off, throw the water at him.
Take the glasses. Examine the desk. Touch the drawer. Take the tile.
- You can try sitting on the photocopier glass, for a laugh.
- At Furman's, put on the glasses and quickly look at the silver tile and look in the reader. Remove the glasses.
If you leave the glasses on too long, you'll come under their thrall.
- Type the number you saw on the tile on the copier's keypad. The copier will become a door.
Open the door to get to Hillside, where the game will soon end for reals.
- Read the POSTSCRIPT.